Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Lords is a diverse business operating within the Retail, Builders Merchant and Manufacturing sectors. Each business has a strong ambition to grow through both organic and acquisitive growth, combined growth in the last year has been more than 50% with the medium-term expectation to double the business within 3 years. An ambitious finance team has been developed with the backing of the business and this role is seen as a key part of the structure moving forwards.
A key support to the Group Financial Controller and wider finance function with the responsibility for ensuring controls are continually reviewed and maintained to appropriate standards. Responsibilities include supporting the month end cycle, maintaining the fixed asset register, reconciling all nominal ledger balance sheet accounts and preparing the monthly rebate provision.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the preparation of management accounts and financial accounts
- Support the recording and calculation of rebates supported by the Commercial function to enhance the integrity of Gross Margin accounting.
- Ensuring accurate reconciliation of balance sheet accounts; preparing balance sheet reconciliations at month end.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts - i.e NL coding
- Record and Maintain accurate accruals & Prepayments on a monthly basis
- Maintain The Fixed Asset Register
- Process, prepare and File VAT returns
- Assistance setting up new bank accounts; updating approval limits where necessary; linking bank accounts to BACs.
- Counter Act - establish role as Finance super user providing training and development to current / new team members
- Reconcile Inter-Company accounts and solve any queries relating to this.
- To support the company's internal and external audits.
- To support Financial Controller with Regulatory, Tax and VAT reporting
- Carry out other duties which fall within reasonable expectations of the role.
- To adhere to Health and Safety standards according to the company policy for both customers, colleagues and yourself.
- To work within other areas of the Lords Group of Companies from time to time when and if necessary.
- Qualified ACCA or CIMA candidate, but would consider ambitious part qualified candidate
- Previous experience of working within a management accounts role
- Eager to develop within an organisation on a strong growth curve with plentiful opportunities to develop
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes to contribute to this successful team, then please send a covering letter and your full CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer.