Corporate Event Specialist - 15 Month FTC
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
Event Processing are part of the Fund Accounting Administration team within Fund Services. The department consists of an Income & WHT team of 8 and a Corporate Events team of 3, supported by a Team Leader and Department Manager. The role is for a Corporate Event Administrator.
The team are responsible for identifying all corporate events and processing them on Quasar and FODB to support client accounting, reporting and performance. The team receive a data feed from Markit to create an event expectation on our systems and will utilise either custodian MT566’s or the cash & stock reconciliations to identify and process the entitlement once received. The team will on occasions liaise with the Aladdin IBOR Corporate Action Team, PPMA and Eastspring for notification of any event decisions.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Work as part of a team of 3 who are responsible for maintaining corporate event data.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate Corporate Event data on M&G’s range of funds, including OEICS, Life & Pension funds, Segregated pension mandates, SIF’s, SICAV’s for UK & foreign, equities, bonds and collectives.
• Access the Markit MCA portal to obtain details of all new or amended corporate action events which need to be created on Quasar.
• For any voluntary events, the team will receive decision information from the Aladdin system, PPMA and Eastspring.
• For mandatory events, process the entitlement on paydate with notification from the custodian via an MT566 into Swift Alliance or from the cash reconciliation.
• Ensure all outstanding cash & stock reconciliation exceptions are resolved in a timely manner.
• Ensure all processes are completed in accordance with the teams controls, checklists and procedures including any SOX or audit requirements.
• Understand client requirements to support accounting and performance, ensuring the team support these.
• Provision of information to Pru Cap for Eastspring funds.
• Monitor Custodian performance against SLA’s, advising of any issues outside of these agreements.
What we are looking for:
You will have good Corporate Event experience, as well as experience of data vendors such as Bloomberg & Markit. The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team and across the business, is essential for this position. You will be able to work to strict deadlines and work effectively under pressure. It is important for you to have an open/effective communication style and excellent planning and organising skills.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.