Head of Marketing Planning and Programmes
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Head of Marketing Planning & Programmes
We are now looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team in Direct Line for Business, we want to be famous for providing high performance, tailored insurance to Britain's small business. This is a permanent position based from our head office in Bromley.
You will own and lead the strategic development of the annual (and long-term 12 months+) marketing plan for Direct Line for Business by working with key stakeholders in product, trading and personal lines to understand and translate key information into an annual marketing plan that drives long term growth through brand consideration, new customer acquisition and customer lifetime value.
What being a Head of Marketing Planning & Programmes involves
- Own and lead the marketing planning process with business stakeholders and agency partners - quarterly and annual inputs (product/proposition roadmaps, business strategy, financial targets and marketing communications challenges) to determine key short-term and long-term marketing objectives
- Own and lead the customer research and insight requirements for Direct Line for business. Managing the requirements across market, customer and product insight requirements. To drive customer centricity through our market sizing, forecasting of industry trends, product development and marketing communications execution
- Provide key strategic marketing input into the product and propositions development process to ensure we build customer needs based 'high performance' propositions - working with product managers and Personal Lines proposition team
- Own the annual and quarterly marketing plan (working with Marketing Director) and key programmes of marketing communications activity (working with the wider marketing team) - with clear and optimum budget alignment and overarching communications strategy
- Own and produce input for the annual marketing budget forecasting process, working with the Marketing Director and Finance team.
- Own and manage the annual 9+3 Integrated Comms Planning process and all agency briefing and the associated agency response to brief
- Manage ad-hoc marketing projects or programmes as required.
- Lead on marketing effectiveness and measures marketing impact through brand tracking, econometric and linear marketing MIS to understand, assess and make recommendations to improve. Working with the wider marketing team including the DL4B effectiveness manager and wider personal lines effectiveness team.
Finance and budget control:
- Own quarterly and annual 9+3 forecasts for inbound calls, online traffic, quotes, sales and brand metrics, ensuring fit with 5 year plan
- Lead on development of incremental business cases, as required, working with the Marketing Director
- Champion the development of best in class through the line marketing activity, working closely with Head of Marcomms Brand and Acquisition and the Marketing Director to up-skill the marketing team
- Proactive coaching and developing a high performing, engaged team, ensuring clear understanding of individual accountabilities and objectives, conducting quarterly & annual reviews, and ensure PDP's in place (and swift, active management of low performers)
- Proactively seek marketing industry knowledge and insurance sector trends and shares with wider team
- Ensure awareness and compliance of self and team with the rules and requirements of the FSA and any other relevant legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks
Skills we are looking for
- Proven track record of using actionable insights to make strategic and operational decisions and develop brand strategy and deliver integrated marketing campaigns, across a portfolio of products.
- Extensive marketing experience - both strategic planning and execution with strong understanding of media and creative planning and delivery
- Excellent commercial knowledge and understanding
- Strong leadership and communication skills, resilience and drive
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change and ability to innovate
- Relentless focus on continuous improvement and development of marketing skill-set and capability