Senior Care Assistant - Okeley Healthcare - Chelmsford
Excelcare is a family owned care business which has been established for over 25 years. Our vision is to continually be a leading provider of high quality care which exceeds the expectations of the people living within our service.
Okeley Care Centre in Chelmsford is a residential home for older people.
We are looking for a Team Leader/Senior Care Assistant to join our friendly team in Chelmsford, Essex. If you've had previous experience as a Care Assistant and are looking for career progression or are an existing Senior Care Assistant looking for that new challenge then Excelcare could be the place for you.
What you can expect:
Up to £8.75/hour Mon-Fri, £9.62/hour weekends, £13.12/hour bank holiday (depending on your experience/qualifications)
Flexible hours - 12 hour shifts - 8am to 8pm and 8pm to 8am - Full and part-time.
You will lead a team of care assistants and take a prominent and proactive role within the home. You and your team will be responsible for meeting the day-to-day needs of the people we care for. You will also be responsible for the completion of person-centred care plans and the necessary risk assessments to ensure we are delivering a high standard of care - personalised to each person.
You must be an enthusiastic, caring and reliable individual who will be passionate about what we do.
What you will need:
You should have previous experience in Dementia and Elderly care and/or NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
- 28 Days holiday including Bank holidays
- Enhanced weekend rates
- Paid breaks
- Time and a half payment for bank holiday working
- Refer a Friend Scheme rewarding up to £600 for every person you refer (https://en-GB/page/employee-refer)*
- DBS Certificate paid by Excelcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Annual Salary Review
- Paid study leave
- Long service awards
- Career development pathways through the Excelcare Training Academy
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Funded Qualifications via the apprenticeship programme (where required)
- Contributory Eye Test Vouchers
- Paid uniform
- Employee of the Month - £100 for going above and beyond
- Excelcare Awards - Recognition of our committed people across the business for a job very well done.
If you are interested in the position or would initially like to find out more information, we'd like to hear from you. Please apply online or contact one of the Recruitment Team today on - we look forward to hearing from you.
Excelcare are an equal opportunities employer.