Senior Accountant - Planning & Cost Control
£Competitive Salary + Bonus + 6% Pension + Healthcare + 27 days holidays
12-month contract with good chance of permanency
With £45bn of funds under management, a recent cash injection of $800M to accelerate growth by acquisition, and a further £35bn of funds being integrated from mid-2019, this is a brilliant time to be joining our client, ReAssure. Wholly owned by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest life and health insurance businesses, if developing your career within the 100+ strong finance team in Telford isn’t enough opportunity for you, then there’s plenty more on offer globally if you want to take full advantage. The environment is very dynamic, so if you like change, challenge and being kept on your toes, this could be the ideal employer for you.
Working with a welcoming and expert team, your involvement in the business will be as follows:
- Divisional Cost Controller responsibility and point of contact for questions from Operations and Group, submission of Plan and Forecasts into Group, processing budget shifts and acting as subject matter expert in relation to use of Group Reporting Tools.
- Responsible for completing complex reconciliations between relevant MI & financial systems, e.g. TM1 and Oracle
- Consolidated cost reporting focussed on Plan and Forecasts including detailed cost analysis, production of actionable commentary and interpretation of findings
- External reporting to Group in relation to cost trends and forecast results
- Identification of trends in the cost base and designing actions to mitigate risks to achieving cost targets
- Preparation of sections for the Operational Management Committee and Exec reporting packs focussed on forecast views together with commentary
- Systems Administration of the TM1 MI Reporting & Planning tool.
- Production of quarterly and annual cost submissions for Solvency II including production of the annual cost model
- Production of quarterly and annual cost submissions for EVM
- Application of commercial and financial knowledge to deliver results to the Finance managers and relevant business functions.
- Uphold the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported.
- Ensure departmental deliverables are produced accurately, timely and of requisite quality through appropriate co-ordination and planning of resources.
- Responsible for embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge within and across the department.
- Understand the Risk and Control framework applying finance knowledge and challenge to ensure tactical risks are identified, measured against standards, and escalated appropriately.
- Develop effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert, and support for all other roles within the team.
- Tactically design and support the smooth running of financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting tool and group submission tool). Challenge and initiate improvements in efficiency and quality to achieve desired outputs.
- Drive continuous end to end improvement to ensure both financial accuracy and correct policy holder outcome.
- Co-ordinate detailed analysis, problem solve and root cause to ensure the correct customer outcome in line with SLA's and timetables.
- Assess and improve MI, drawing out high level messages that drives business action, cross functional understanding and process improvement.
- Application of specialist knowledge to resolve queries or short term challenges, through engagement with stakeholders, responding to issues to a satisfactory completion considering a customer based approach.
- Articulate financial information to non-financial individuals across all levels of the organisation.
- Support process re-engineering and delivery of change.
- Direct and co-ordinate team deliverables in the attainment of departmental targets or service standard.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a finance environment, including with a large, complex business.
- Preferably a fully Qualified Accountant, or in training.