Senior Java Developer
Exciting and challenging opportunity for a senior Java Developer to join a successful, fast paced front office trading team within a global investment bank. The right person will have a passion for building scalable, highly performant java applications, using the latest technologies including NoSQL and Microservices.
- Building new features using Java, ensuring quality unit tests are included, supplying documentation for new features, and be involved in the test cycle for the delivery and fixing of bugs for new features.
- Helping own problems and be able to demonstrate leadership and responsibility for the delivery of new features.
- Fixing stored procedures, Perl scripts and offering L3 production support.
- Prototype new technologies to investigate whether they would be of value to the platform.
Key skills required:
- Extensive experience building complex applications using an Object Oriented programming language (Java preferred, however would consider C++, Python, C#, Ruby etc).
- Knowledge of NoSQL and/or SQL.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience working in an Agile environment with full SDLC exposure.
- Linux/UNIX with some scripting experience.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.