CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT:
- The job-holder will work as a member of the Operations Team, reporting to the Field Operations Manager, and will be assigned to a small project team comprising Operations, Production, Maintenance, SHE and HR specialists. In this support role, they must work closely with operations, maintenance and engineering groups, and the Senior Management Team, to ensure that a comprehensive advisory service is provided. Interaction with other Asset Teams and the Corporate Functions is required to ensure a consistent approach to work is adopted.
- The job-holder will be required to travel to the Shetland, and potentially to other onshore operational sites as part of their duties to meet vendors, gather and analyse information to assist the Field Operations Manager run a major change management program related to the operating model
- Analysis of service providers, leading to reviews with said providers on short and long term approaches to providing services using Shetland based personnel (either through relocation, recruitment of competent Shetlanders, or recruitment & training / development / apprentices for Shetland residents)
- Analysis of existing companies on Shetland with the current or potential future capacity to supply services
- Will involve looking at short term capacity, but also interest in branching in to new areas and developing future longer term capacity through recruitment, training, apprenticeships following industry recognised training/qualification pathways
- Participation in various aspects of organisational changes including organisational design, communications, project execution.
- Assistance in project management / planning to the above
- Act as an internal Operations Consultant to the Asset Field Operations Manager and senior management team to help facilitate the definition and delivery of Organisational Development (OD) projects / initiatives.
- Take the lead on specific Operational aspects associated with OD projects / initiatives.
- Support organisational assessments and the design of new organisational structures and jobs.
- Support project management for OD projects / initiatives as required, facilitating team efforts and helping to define project goals, timelines, resource requirements and planning to cope with conflict or stressor points in the plans.
- Assess risks associated with various OD projects / initiatives and suggest and implement actions to manage any negative impacts.
- Ensure that OD projects are safely delivered in accordance with the approved scope of work, and highlight any safety concerns to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Ensure scopes of work are clearly defined and delivered in line with company policies and procedures, and within the approved budget and schedule.
- Become familiar with and assist in applying the company’s LEAN philosophies to OD projects / initiatives.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with site personnel through effective communication and by making regular visits to Shetland
- Support the tracking and reporting of progress on Asset OD projects / initiatives as required.
- Raise necessary contractual documentation including drafting of scopes of work, and Service Orders as necessary for bringing in external consultants or vendors, co-ordinating the necessary approvals.
- Support the work of external consultants or vendors brought in to support specific projects / initiatives by providing them with information about the organization, helping with implementation of their projects, and ensuring that follow-up assessments of effectiveness are conducted
- Experienced oil and gas or onshore terminal / refinery professional with extensive experience, significant amount of which should be UK based
- Broad experience of operations management is essential, with deep understanding of production and maintenance operations - e.g. operations manager, maintenance manager, OIM
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work at all levels of the organisation
- Strong influencing and communication skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, both internally and externally
- Commercial focus with sound business acumen, and awareness of the Asset Business strategy
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deal with a large number of activities within short time scales
- Good knowledge of human resource management and contract management is essential
- Experience of organisational change programs is highly desirable
- Must be willing to travel frequently to Shetland and potentially other onshore sites
- Must be able to commit to work over the whole of 2018 to work on this, although part-time could be considered