Senior Accounts Payable Qube/Yardi Voyager - Property Firm
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
Role Purpose: Understand the team deliverables both internal and external. Help to identify any problem areas and suggest any potential improvements that can be made. Ensure that invoices and statements are processed in a timely manner. Ensure that all suppliers are paid in accordance with the company's prompt payment policy. Assist Junior team members with workloads.
- Log invoices on to service charge accounting system. Ensure correct coding is given to each invoice and correct billing details.
- Scan invoices and attach copies to system records. Maintain filing of hard copy invoices.
- Sending back invoices without a valid PO number or that are addressed incorrectly.
- Ensure that all internal service charge and corporate invoices are paid by the due date.
- Dealing with supplier queries over the telephone/by email.
- Monitor the approval of invoices, ensuring this is performed promptly.
- Ensure invoice queries are raised and resolved by the building teams.
- Ensure all outstanding debit balances are regularly cleared from the purchase ledger.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements, ensuring all issues are fully dealt with, i.e. copy invoices obtained; queries resolved.
- Reconciling of Direct Debits weekly/monthly
- Assist with running weekly payment run, ensuring all remittance advices are dispatched and miscellaneous invoices filed.
- Assist with running appropriate KPIs to monitor performance of the department including weekly stats in Team Leaders absence.
- To perform general service charge accounting system housekeeping to maintain integrity of the accounting information.
- Ensure all relevant data is input accurately into the service charge accounting system and to ensure that all service providers are paid in a timely manner.
- Assist to ensure that Accounts Procedures Manual is kept updated and all team members are following the agreed processes.
- Assist with projects to improve the processes and procedures of the team and the department.
- Ensure that all the company's insurance invoices are processed correctly and paid by the due date.
- Ensure that all rent and business rates invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all BT invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Utilities Accountant at peak times of the month, as necessary.
- 5+ years Purchase Ledger experience.
- Ability to solve problems and resolve queries in a timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Excellent working knowledge of excel (vlookups/ Pivot table) and word.
- Property/ECS experience.