Our client, a food manufacturing business is currently seeking an Operations Manager.
The business that has experienced significant positive change recently and predicted future growth, this is a great time to part of the next chapter of their story.
Main mandate will be to contribute to the profitable growth of site, through the development & implementation of strong end-to-end operational excellence.
Represents the authority in designing, maintaining, and continuously improving One System of Operations.
- The primary role and responsibility for this position is to manage and provide leadership to Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Environment and Manpower(QCDSEM). It includes, but not restricted to, the following functions for all activities;
- COGS- labour, raw material utilisation, packaging and cost management and control of all site production operations.
- Ensuring product quality, integrity and safety.
- Identification of future investment opportunities and subsequent delivery.
- Management and improvement of overhead costs associated with your activities.
- Health, safety and wellbeing of all employees under your control will be a top priority.
- Conduct operations in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Will guarantee the business fully respects the product regulation, law & policies.
- Will lead the development of the production team maximising individual potential.
- Will maintain awareness of future trends arising in machinery development, legislation and processing techniques.
- Ensure that customer demands are met in full via utilisation of resources at disposal.
- The Operations Manager will finally be assessed through his capacity to:
- Set clear objectives for team.
- Harmonize tools and process through end-to-end supply chain.
- Manage expectations of customers/suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Provide strong leadership and accountability at all levels within the organisation.
- Build external networks at senior level to improve company credibility.
- 5-year total business experience in chilled food industry- within primary processing environment
- 2 minimum years as Senior Production/Operations Manager with extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- A strong leader with excellent communication skills.
- Commercial / business acumen.
What’s on offer?
- A starting salary up to £60,000 D.O.E.
- Business bonus
- Car cash allowance
- Death in service payment
- Company pension
- 28 days holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.