We currently have an excellent opportunity to join a very well-established company in Harlow as a Buyer’s Assistant / Buying Administrator. This is a fantastic chance to join a modern business whose employees are at the heart of everything they do.
Our client can offer you a great working environment, generous salary and the opportunity to really make the role your own.
Working hours are Monday – Friday.
Responsibilities of Buyers Assistant / Buying Administrator
- Liaise heavily with Site Operatives to ascertain their product and quantity requirements
- Source the best deals in the market for relevant products
- Actively negotiate with suppliers to gain a better deal
- Raise plant orders on the in-house system and email copy to suppliers
- Analyse weekly reports and cross reference
- Resolve invoice queries
- Producing quotations
- General administration when required
Key Skills and Competencies of Buyers Assistant / Buying Administrator
- Negotiation skills and previous buying experience desirable
- Able to work on own initiative and self-manage
- Able to work cooperatively as a team to achieve targets
- Excellent communication both verbally and written
- Ability to strengthen relationships with colleagues and suppliers
- Confident in own ideas and capabilities
- Flexible in working approach and able to work under pressure