Project Manager - 12 month contract
Description of Program:
This excellent opportunity has arisen with a company who are world-leader's in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Purpose of Position:
The Project Manager will be required to support the Project Management Organisation (PMO) in Hastings. The project manager will be required to manage the overall Project schedule, schedule risk, project costs, earned value status, and execution of assigned projects. The role holder will be able to establish and maintain all the associated information to ensure assigned projects are executed per contract requirements. The role may require some travel within the UK and International.
- Provide Project Management, supporting a wide range of Bids & Proposals, Internal Research & Development (IRAD) projects, Product Development projects and general PMO support.
- Pro-actively manage and report on project risk, making changes for cost effective risk reduction
- Provide Weekly & Monthly management reports (status, analysis, recommendations) into the senior management team
- Interact with engineers, manufacturing teams, team leaders, Suppliers and Management to report progress, risks and issues on projects
- Ensure assigned areas of the project are delivered within cost and schedule constraints at appropriate level of performance and quality
- Monitor and control expenditure of budget within assigned control account
- Provide additional support to the Programme Managers as required
Education/Experience Required Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Project Management with significant Electronics
- APM PMQ qualified (or equivalent)
- Experience of project management in a strong matrix organization
- Finance and budgeting experience
- Demonstrable practical understanding and experience of project lifecycles and project delivery
- Experience of project management in a product development and manufacturing environment (preferably within avionics industry)
- Understanding of DFM & DFT to be able to influence product development to ensure successful manufacturing programme delivery
- Understanding and experience using Earned Value Management for project control
- Understanding of Risk Management practices
- Ability to clearly identify key issues and articulate project status
- Be proactive and responsive in a dynamic work environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.