We are recruiting for an Interim Applications Engineer (Web Development) based at a Local Government Organisation within the West Midlands. You will be responsible for the development of their web based self-service software solutions. To also assist and help mentor others within your team and work together on larger projects.
- To carry out the development of web based self-service applications
- Development of websites based on Liferay portal
- Support of Liferay portal
- Ensuring the development in MySQL for self-service applications
- Responsible for the Integration of self-service applications with existing back office systems and databases.
- Assist with the Integration of self-service applications with third-party systems.
- Previous experience developing and supporting business applications
- Strong analytical and communication skills, to understand customer requirements and resolve issues efficiently
- Ideally prior experience in web software development using some of the following: Java application servers (Glassfish, Tomcat etc.), REST or SOAP web services, MySQL, Content management systems (CMS)
Duration: 12 Months Initially (With possibility of being Permanent)
Rate: £33,437 per annum
IR35 Status - TBC
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Bella Thornton or Sarah Pugh on the Midlands Local Gov Team at or call
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren't currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team