Seasonal Sales Assistant - Retail & Admissions (Various Hours)
We are looking to build our Retail & Admission team for our best ever season at ZSL London Zoo. We need individuals who can work a wide range of hours including Weekend, Bank holidays and lates.
Position: Seasonal Sales Assistant - Retail & Admissions (Various Hours)
Location: London, NW1
Position Type: Full-Time, Seasonal / Various Hours
Salary: £9.26 per hour
Enhancements: Weekend Enhancement
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Our terrific Tigers, merry Meerkats and gorgeous Gorillas are just a few of the amazing animals who enthral our visitors of all ages. We want you to work hard at having fun making special memories for our visitors whilst helping us raise funds for our vital conservation work all over the world.
Whether you are one of our front line stars on Admissions, or based in our incredible gift shops, your interaction with our customers must have that extra factor that will make their day. As a result, we need confident, dedicated individuals to help deliver the best possible experience for our visitors across our shops and ticket entrances.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- We are Experts in what we do - Develop and maintain good up to date knowledge of all retail promotions and zoo activities actively promoting and looking for opportunities to up sell the same.
- We have a can do attitude - Use initiative to suggest ways to promote our brand values and conservation messages. Be approachable and courteous to all visitors and team members at all times.
- We respect each other - Working as part of a team who supports each other by communicating effectively and ensuring an inclusive and welcoming workplace.
- We get results - Play an active part in ensuring that the departments KPI targets are met through the active selling of products through the Retail outlets and promotion of Gift aid and donation at the Gate.
- We maximise profit - Maximise revenue for the charity by proactively upselling to our visitors and maintaining good stock levels in all outlets through regular stock replenishment.
- We are visitor champions - Maintaining a high level of customer service, dealing efficiently and courteously with any questions or requested information.
Although experience matters to us we are more focused on getting the right person for the role. As a result, candidate will ideally:
- A positive can-do attitude is essential.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Previous customer service skills.
- Be self-driven and passionate about selling.
- An understanding of appropriate cash-handling procedures.
- Have experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Be a strong team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening/weekend and bank holiday shifts.
- An interest in animal conservation is desirable.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Thursday 22nd February 2018
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button to be directed to our website.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.