Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk
An Engineering company are looking for a Purchase Ledger to join their team. If you have previous experience within purchase ledger/ accounts and have excellent attention to detail then this would be the role for you. They are looking to pay up to £20,000 for the right candidate. If this is the sort of opportunity you are looking for then please get in touch straight away as the client is looking to fill the position immediately.
- Maintain good internal control of the Purchase Ledger by ensuring that purchase orders are raised and signed by the appropriate authority, purchase orders are attached to invoices for payment and invoices are signed.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Purchase Ledger by coding and posting supplier invoices using the Navision system and reconciling supplier statements.
- Ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with company timescales
- Accurately log supplier invoice queries and liaise with colleagues to confirm timely resolution.
- Accurately maintain the Sub-contract Ledger by coding and processing sub-contract invoices using HMRC CIS rules and ensure subcontractor payments meet HMRC rules.
- Produce CIS return correctly and to deadline.
- Ensure that subcontractor insurances and documentation are correct and current by liasing with the Health and Safety Manager, logging all details in the Navision system.
- Accurately process employee expense claims in line with HMRC rules.
- Support business operations by processing ad hoc payments from time to time.
- Provide information and liaise with company auditors as required from time to time.
- Undertake other finance duties in support of the Finance Manager that may be required from time to time.
Skills / Experience
- Previous experience within a finance role
- Experience of SAGE or similar software
- Excellent attention to detail
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Emma Harries