Design Change Controller
Our client is a multi-award winning 1st Tier automotive supplier based in the North East. They possess a long history of success, stability, and progression due to the ability to adapt to change and utilise innovative technology to stay ahead of the competition. They are now looking for a Design Change Control Controller on a permanent basis.
- To take receipt of company design note information and in turn use the data to initiate supplier development activities.
- To manage and co-ordinate cross functional teams of people from design note release through to implementation into production.
- To track and monitor all supplier development activities via timing plans, supplier visits and reviews.
- To provide a successful handover to Material Controllers to initiate schedule activities for new projects / design changes.
- To monitor and track QA ISIR / PPAP submission and approval.
- To support cross functional team during change control process for final change implementation into production.
- To maintain bills of material
- To maintain manufacturing support systems.
- To form part of the companies project teams and provide up to date information to the project team regarding supplier status and progress on new / changing parts.
- The successful candidate will create and manage plans to facilitate design changes from planning to customer delivery ensuring that all key milestones are met.
- The role will also involve supporting the launch and running of new models / minor projects.
- The person who is recruited for this role will need to be a proactive thinker and possess excellent communication and organisational skills to make an important contribution towards the design change activities.
- Strong project coordination skills, with an ability to manage a range of suppliers.
- In order to effectively carry out the role you must be flexible and able to travel to meet the demands of the role and the operating needs of the business.
- Experience within the automotive industry is preferable.