A well established company in Bristol are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Service Manager to inspire, motivate and manage one of their supported living services. You will be working alongside other managers in the same area and work as a team to support each other.
This is a full-time and permanent position paying a salary of up to £33,000 per annum. You will be contracted to work 40 hours per week.
This is fantastic opportunity for a Service Manager who is seeking a rapidly growing and nurturing company. A company that prides itself on its supportive nature, they are keen to promote internally and offer opportunities to develop including training and working towards NVQ/ QCF's.
Responsibilities of Service Manager:
• Developing and maintaining individual support plans and risk management plans
• Developing care services
• Rota management including arrangements for annual leave. This will include finding cover for overtime shifts and absence
• Team management ensuring good communication throughout all levels of the team
• On-call responsibility (on a rotational basis)
• Liaising with Local Authorities and other professionals
• Regular medication reviews
• Ensure service users receive all benefits that they are entitled to
• Conducting regular supervisions and annual appraisals
• Complete unannounced quality checks and inspections of care services
• Ensure safeguarding procedures are followed
• Ensure investigation and disciplinary procedures are followed
• To liaise with the Care Quality Commission as and when required
• Maintain all necessary Health and Safety and fire precautions
• Ensure that accurate recordings and reporting of all accidents and incidents occurs involving staff and/or service users
• Record all relevant information in appropriate places
• Preparing reports and managing service user formal reviews
Person Specification for Service Manager:
• Previous experience of working with and understanding adults with complex needs including mental health and learning difficulties
• At least one years' experience managing a team effectively in a supervisory role
• Previous experience developing care services and building positive relationships with Local Authorities and other professionals
• Previous CQC registration is desirable and the Care Manager may be required to complete the CQC registration process
• Ability to work using own initiative and as a team member under pressure in a professional manner
• The ability to manage challenging situations
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Complete and pass any mandatory training and pursue professional development
• Ability to organise and prioritize effectively
• Promote independence
• Clarity of thought
• Enthusiastic and motivated
• Non-judgemental and non-discriminatory practice
• NVQ Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 5 (this must be completed before or during post)
• A full, clean driving license
• An enhanced DBS check is required for all positions
• Working for a established and supportive organisation.
• Pension scheme.
• Joining bonus.
• Paid annual leave.
• Access to high street discounts.
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Bristol,, is passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to