Senior Design Engineer
Adept Resourcing Engineering and Technical Division are working with our established client to recruit a Senior Design Engineer to join their team.
- Responsible for all design aspects of all types of the company’s equipment.
- Supporting of product design across OE, A/Market and Development.
- Providing technical support on tender enquiries.
- Taking technical lead in mentoring of subordinates following a collaborative approach with pools of other engineering disciplines.
The Senior Design Engineer possesses in-depth skills in Mechanical Engineering Design and has ability and drive to apply these skills without supervision, taking the technical lead on engineering related project activities.
They will apply their high-end Technical knowledge to allow the company to provide products and services that meet customer requirements, providing Technical resolution of problems across the full product lifecycle from pre-win bid support through Design / make into in-service site support. They are party to development activities to ensure that the company has access to the latest technology and ensures it remains competitive.
- Your primary duty as a design engineer is to carry out a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements.
- You are required to liaise with different departments and disciplines in order to ensure an effective & productive outcome while continually maintaining high quality & standards.
- You will drive product / package engineering design integrity, quality and safety to maximize customer specification compliance.
- Your daily role includes, but is not limited to, design calculations, technical specifications for bought in finish components, BOMs and technical documentation for manufacture, assembly, supplier and client interface.
- Working in a collaborative manner to satisfy the needs of the project and the internal and external customers is essential.
- Undertake the full range of Mechanical Engineering Design tasks under supervision including, but not limited to, Design Calculations to Standards and Engineering Plans, FMEA, Risk Assessment, DFMA, VE, relevant product and market CODE / Standards compliance (e.g., ASME, API etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (HNC/HND) or Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Experience with rotating equipment / centrifugal pumps (ESSENTIAL)
- Salary: up to £45,000 per year
- Days regular