Senior Business Operations Analyst
Experian Business Assist has a wealth of experience in the UK's SME market space. We enable the UK's 5.3m small business owners to manage their business with confidence. We do this by providing easy-to-use online products designed help businesses access their credit score, manage risk, prevent fraud and target their marketing.
Our open plan office is in the heart of Sherwood Forest with free parking, onsite canteen, relax area, games room kitted with Table Tennis, Pool table, Mission Control and Insight room along with much more. We also have a dedicated team of people that arrange multiple team building and social events as having the right working environment is very important to us.
Experian Business Assist (UK&I SME) are looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join a dynamic and agile Business Operations, Change and Insight team.
About the role:
Your time will be divided by helping us make sense of the world through data by working closely with departmental heads, to generate operational headcount & revenue forecasting models and own the delivery of the monthly business governance and controls reporting process. You will own the deliver reporting that measures cost efficiency, service and revenue performance.
You will be responsible for unearthing insight, looking at how we can win by developing new and innovative performance dashboards that will help our Sales and Marketing teams make better lead data decisions and understand where they are having the most success and where future risk lies.
You will also actively contribute towards developing additional analytical capabilities within the operations teams by focusing on improving analytical rigour, process automation and operational reporting capabilities.
It's not just the data that gets you up in the morning we are looking for someone that is proactive, who will always come along with a solution and the confidence to convince even the hardest sceptic.
As the Business Analyst, you will already know it's not enough to be able to just solve a complex data problem, you must be able to simplify and explain with clarity to people who aren't necessarily as data savvy as you.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about data and, you must have a proven track record of driving operational performance through insightful analysis. You will be expected to successfully contribute towards developing the analytical capability.
You must be able to adapt your communication style and be comfortable working across multiple concurrent initiatives. Having experience of working within a regulated environment would be advantageous but not essential.
What's on offer:
We offer an attractive base salary, bonus structure and a competitive reward package and actively encourage the expression of ideas and opinions. It's all about you developing your role and making it your own. Our business offers a breadth of learning activities and programmes so it's up to you to take the initiative and decide which skills you would like to improve or acquire.
* A great working environment
* Performance related bonus scheme
* 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
* Generous contributory pension
* Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
* Life assurance
* Medical and Dental cover
* Retail discount schemes
* 3 Community involvement days per annum
* Experience with Sales and Marketing data, people, and processes
* Able to present actionable analytics to Senior Management
* Flexible and adaptable communicator, able to tell a great factual story that will suit the audience
* Exceptional forecast modelling skills
* Extensive experience of data mining and analytical modelling
* Advanced SQL & Excel skills (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, VBA…) as you will be required to hit the ground running
* Strong Analytical and Quantitative skills with proven problem solving and decision making skills
* Experience of identifying areas of opportunity to that lead to efficiencies and process improvements