I am currently recruiting for a Purchasing Manager within the aerospace industry able to demonstrate experience working in a multi-site role.
My client is backed by an international investment arm who have seriously invested in this business over the last 12-months. They are in manufacturing and production of the aerospace sector supplying many of the major players within the industry.
- Stays familiar with the company's needs
- Manages the 3-site purchase orders
- Coordinates with people in different company locations to see if a better price is available somewhere else or if suppliers in a certain area are not living up to expectations
- Communicates with executives and gains approval for purchasing contracts with new vendors or on new supplies
- Continuously comparison shops and negotiates to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies
- Oversees supply chain management
- Communicates with suppliers and to make sure supplies get where they need to be when they need to be, even when a deadline is tight
- Maintains a network of professional contacts in order to discover new opportunities for good deals on orders
- Checks inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with apparent trends
- Attends meetings to stay up to date on the company's objectives
- Attends conferences to meet potential new suppliers and glean insight from other professionals in the purchasing field
The successful candidate will be based in / will commute to North Nottinghamshire -
Furthermore, they ideally will be from the; aerospace, fabrication, rail or automotive backgrounds.
CIPS and a Degree Background are desired however not essential.
Must have managed across a multi-site function.
Must be willing to get hands-on and be hard-working
In exchange, the offer to work as a Purchasing Manager with this business is the chance to work for an international brand within the aerospace industry. They will also be in charge of 3 sites for the purchasing and report directly into a Supply Chain Director.
22 Days Holiday