PA / Legal Secretary
Working in a centrally based Legal practice based in the centre of Cambridge we are seeking a PA / Legal secretary to support primarily one partner and 2 solicitors. The successful candidate must have excellent PA skills, a good attitude to work and an enthusiasm to do a good job.
Location: Central Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £24,000 Reviewable on completion of the probationary period
Hours: 35 hour working week Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (1 hour for lunch)
To be suitable for this position you will have a good understanding of Litigation processes, procedures and documents and example of the work may be putting together trial bundles and court papers.
- Preparing client engagement correspondence (sending, checking it is received and signed)
- Checking and chasing for ID
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio typing
- Administer filing
- Opening and closing of storage files
- Retrieval of client files from archives
- Preparing mail for despatch
- Preparing accounting documentation (bills, cheques and transfers)
- Copying and scanning documents
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and over all diary management
- Attending to clients on behalf of the fee earner in person and via the telephone with updates
- Ensuring confidentiality of the clients documentations
Skills and Experience:
- Trained in secretarial practice
- Excellent organisational skills
- High grade word processing
- Putting together of trial bundles and court papers
- Excellent telephone manner
- Professional working ethics
- Essential that you have experience of working in a legal practice
- Essential that you have experience of litigation work
- Desirable that you have worked within a Contentious / Litigation team.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.