Desktop Support Technician
Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Engineering / Manufacturing company in their search for an experienced I T Technician to work in their leading facility in Shropshire.
- Desktop Support Technician
- £29,000 approx
Face to face and remote I.T support of desktops and company data / LAN communication systems and networks. Responding to and fixing software and hardware faults. Providing a service to company users and resolving outstanding issues in a timely manner
- Provide tier 1 & 2 support to existing systems Server/Desktop patching, networking firmware upgrades and patching etc.
- Read sections of software manuals to learn about advanced procedures and improvements to upgraded versions and implement them in a timely manner
- Evaluate information technology needs and users' software needs.
- Review experience with a number of relevant software applications and make recommendations
- Respond to user queries and carry out complex fault finding and repairs
What we`re looking for
- Computer science related Bachelor degree or I.T related college diploma
- A current MCP or MCITP, ITIL, Desktop Support Technician qualification
- Information Technology Infrastructure library knowledge
- Previous experience of writing traing manuals and delivering training to users, face to face and remotely
- Windows Desktop OS, Microsoft Office, Desktop and Notebook hardware (preferably Dell / Lenovo), Networking basics experience
What we can offer you
- £Competitive Salary
- Permanent position
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company pension
- Company medical plan
- Free Parking
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Wrexham) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.