SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT - ENFIELD - SEN SCHOOL - ASAP START
My client are a Specialist Sports College looking to hire an SEN Teaching Assistant. The school are warm, welcoming and genuinely caring, they provide 'Learning for Life' for pupils aged 4 - 19 with special educational needs. The school believe that to truly flourish children must feel valued, the focus on what each child can achieve and celebrate their successes.
The school has ten bright and airy classrooms, as well as specialist rooms for Science, Food Technology and Art, where their dedicated teachers and support staff help pupils to become effective learners and valued members of the school community. They also have wonderfully stimulating outdoor play and sports facilities, a Library, Gymnasium, Drama Room, School Garden and well-equipped Medical Suite.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
- Experience and sheer knowledge within Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Must have previous experience of being a High Level Teaching Assistant
- Must be happy to cover lessons at short notice
- Able to successfully carry out both 1:1 support and small group support work
- A Genuine passion for Education and to making a positive difference
- Good behaviour management skills
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Both a friendly and professional manor
If you are keen on working within both a challenging and rewarding environment, where your day to day work really does make a difference for the life of our next generation, this role as a High Level Teaching Assistant is ideal for you.
You will be expected to have at least 6 months experience within a classroom setting, preferable secondary however, if you have primary experience you will be considered.
- High Level Teaching Assistant
- Teacher and Sickness cover
- Small class sizes of typically just 10-12 children
- You will have previous experience working as a high level teaching assistant or cover supervisor
- You will have lots of experience working with a large range of SEN statements
If you would like to apply for the role of High Level Teaching Assistant please submit your CV for the attention of Hollie Myers.