Technology and Advertising Operations Manager - Agency
A fantastic opportunity at a leading agency.
The technology and ad ops department is at the center of the agency’s digital capabilities. They ensure the right technology is being used to deliver digital advertising to their client’s audiences. They also ensure that this technology is applied in a way that allows measurement of that advertising to gauge the effectiveness.
• Monitoring workflow, ensuring tasks and issues are dealt with according to business priorities
• Acting as a technical escalation point for the team and other agency teams
• Recruitment and line management of a team consisting of ad ops specialists
• Ensuring work is completed in line with agency bests practice process and additional client specific requirements/best practices
• Maintaining the relationship between the department and client teams to ensure expectations for the department are understood and met
• Helping to maintain the agency's point of view on technology and best practices
• Building and maintaining teams relationship with technology vendors, ensuring the team get the required levels of support
• Responsibility for teams contribution to financial targets
• Managing resource utilisation within team
The successful candidate will have experience in how to combine consulting skills, data analytics and media strategy to drive and improve clients’ business results.
Technology is at the heart of their business. Every business function within the group's agencies, depends on reliable systems to manage existing client relationships efficiently and effectively and to help win new business. They are creating leading edge systems to manage and make sense of the ever increasing volumes of data, to optimise and improve ROI audience targeted media buying, as well as improve internal efficiencies.
This is a fun, friendly and dynamic environment to work in, but the ability to work under pressure, work on multiple projects at the same time and to tight deadlines is essential. You must be self-motivated and able to work easily and collaboratively with others. An understanding of the media industry and data is highly desirable but not essential.
• Strong experience in a digital ad operations environment
• Degree level education
• The person we are looking for will have a deep understanding of ad operations - preferably from an agency team, but potentially from a publisher, network or technology provider background.
• Experience managing an operations team using a ticket based workflow
• Experience of service management frameworks (e.g. ITIL) would be advantageous
• Proven ability to deal with a fast moving operations team and the ability to prioritise tasks flexibly to hit business objectives and to maintain internal relationships
Knowledge of a variety of the following systems will be necessary as well as a proven ability to pick up a working knowledge of new systems:
• Agency adservers - At least 1, preferably 2
• Client analytics tools - Hands on setup knowledge, specifically how to integrate agency adservers with client tools such as site catalyst, webtrends, google analytics etc
• Container tag solutions - Google tag manager, Qubit opentag, ensighten or others
• Search management tools - DART search, Kenshoo, Adobe optimizer
• Attribution and reporting tools - e.g. Internal corporate management information systems