The primary function of the Sales Engineer is to assist the Account Executives during the sales process to analyze the Software Solution needs of the prospective client. Through extensive interaction, the incumbent will be responsible for designing and presenting Facilities Management software solutions to meet the client’s business objectives. This individual will be trained in wireless market and technical knowledge to consult on best practices and effectively communicating these recommendations to prospects and customers in both presentations and custom demonstrations.
As a member of the Sales team, the Sales Engineer will serve as the subject matter expert for SaaS, enterprise pursuits, and strategic accounts and will become a key influence on senior and executive leadership concerning product delivery and product strategy. Additional responsibilities will include ensuring the smooth transition of customers to the professional services team and working with Product Management to convey customer and prospect requirements.
This position will be based out of the UK.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for custom development and delivery of product configurations for presentation at customer meetings or marketing events
- Establishes personal rapport with potential and actual product user and other persons to understand and identify current and future service requirements and respond to product oriented questions by filling the role of primary solution specialist, architect and technical contact
- Is the knowledge expert with regards to our product functional and technical elements for RFI/RFP requests
- Conducts product demonstrations when necessary, and assists in removing obstacles that may exist during the sales cycle
- Supports Product Management with field information such as feature requirements, product enhancements and new use case scenarios
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Travel required (20-50%)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent)
- 1-2 years pre-sales support or sales engineering experience
- 2-4 years prior experience in the wireless industry highly preferred; network deployment and maintenance experience is a plus
- Background in consulting, project management, business process mapping and/or business analytics is helpful
- Knowledge of SaaS/Hosted/On-Premises based enterprise technologies preferred; presentation, integration, DB and foundation layers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to manage and resolve solutions to complex technical issues
- Proven ability to gain cooperation of others
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional business and technical teams to provide quick and timely responses to prospects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills
- Executive presence with ability to lead brainstorming and interactive sessions with an audience of senior decision makers from sales and marketing
- Highly motivated, hands on personality
- Must be fluent in English and another European Language such as French, German, or Spanish