Group Communications Manager - RS Components, Global
Group Communications Manager
Location - London or Corby
Salary competitive and company car!
RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.5bn.
We are now recruiting for a driven and proactive Group Communications Manager to join our team in either London or Corby. You will be responsible for working alongside our President of RS Components Global and their leadership teams to develop and deliver the internal communication strategy for RS globally. Working with the Hub Communications leads, you will have responsibility for sharing progress and updates on priorities that are being delivered in the business. You will lead the communications for any major global projects and crises. Responsibility will also include driving confidence in the Leadership team and creating a change in culture that will embrace the fluid and evolving organisation we are becoming.
The purpose of this position is to develop and deliver communications to engage and unite the organisation in a common understanding of our vision and strategic priorities and create understanding and excitement in the pivotal role everyone plays in our success.
- Build a robust channel strategy across RS, leveraging scale, sharing best practice and ensure that our RS organisation has the right tools to receive information, share thoughts/opinions and collaborate with colleagues
- Be a consultative support to the RSLT and their teams, providing communication guidance, recommendations and direction to support the delivery of their objectives
- Provide measurement to ensure communications are effective, two-way and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Foster cross-cultural, multilingual communications
- Manage external agencies and suppliers as appropriate
- Extensive internal communications experience at a senior level, within a global business
- Experience of delivering communications strategies across multi-markets
- Ability to balance competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation
- Experience of providing consultation to senior management
- Ability to coach and influence at senior levels, and work collaboratively across virtual teams
- Ability to make strategic decisions on messaging and communications delivery and timing based on sound logic and rationale to meet business objectives
- Proven track record of delivering effective communications to create clarity of direction for employees and drive culture change
- Exceptional all-round communications skills, both internal and external, with the ability to engage effectively at all levels, both written and verbal
- Thrives and is resilient in an environment of change and ambiguity
- Experience of managing communications in an adjacent industry, and/or fast changing and dynamic global business
- Language skills
About us as an employer
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company. In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) .