Junior Copywriter / Digital Content Writer
One of Kent’s largest full service marketing agencies, is seeking a junior copywriter/digital content writer to join its team of marketing professionals. This is a great opportunity to develop a career in copywriting and gain experience writing for a number of different channels from print to digital. Specialising in business to business marketing, this is a genuine full service agency that provides clients with a fully integrated approach to marketing. The role will see a focus on delivery of creative content, articles and features.
Junior copywriter/digital content writer - Role and responsibilities
The junior copywriter/digital content writer role will be to oversee and support the digital copywriting needs of the business.
As a junior copywriter/digital content writer, you would be typically responsible for:
• Working closely with the digital media manager and senior copywriters to assess weekly needs and content support
• Tailor digital content (social media posts, blogs, webpages, email content and longer form content) to the style of individual client/campaign needs according to their purpose - whether they are intended to sell or inform etc.
• Support copywriting through research and writing support on features and articles
• Understand the target audiences and feedback regularly on audiences reaction to content
• Identify key message and topics
• Work with creative teams to ensure that the visual elements of the digital content complements the copy
• Immerse yourself in the built environment sector, researching individual client's industries and their audience.
• Identify fresh and interesting angles for blogs and articles
• Edit copy from across the business and work with copywriting to improve and develop articles
• Assist with proofreading content as part of the approvals process.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
• Degree or similar qualifications in journalism or at least one year’s experience as a copywriter
• A good understanding of marketing copy and digital content forms
• Experience of dealing with clients and an ability to proactively reach out to clients for comment and input
• Confident, upbeat, resourceful and enthusiastic.
Skills and Abilities:
• A desire to pursue a career in writing
• A willingness and a passion to learn
• An ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, with the ability to sell ideas to team members and clients.
• A high level of interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines
• A well-motivated self-starter who can innovate and solve problems at an appropriate level
• The ability to think outside the box with good creativity and thinking skills