Design Engineering Director Automotive EDS
Design Engineering Director - Automotive (EDS)
Salary range £100,000 + Bonus + Car + Pension
Location: West Midlands
An experienced Design Engineering Director is required to lead and manage a new research and development centre. Working globally with leading automotive OEMs and research establishments this business is at the forefront of Electrical Distribution Systems design and development.
The challenging technical requirements of this role will require significant OEM or Tier 1 experience and you will be recognised as an expert within EDS and advanced wiring harness design and development.
To be considered for this Design Engineering Director position you must have:
- Considerable experience working with automotive OEMs and be comfortable in a customer facing role collaborating on future EDS strategy and technology road maps.
- The ability to plan and resource a new facility with regards to skills, equipment, capacity, training and cost.
- The credibility to represent the business internally & externally, with the confidence and technical acumen to become the subject matter expert for advanced automotive Electrical Distribution Systems.
- A passion for product development and innovation, but also a clear understanding of the need for design for manufacture and product standardisation.
- An in-depth understanding of advanced design tools, managing innovation and product realisation.
- Establish clear process KPIs and coordinate activities in order to achieve specific project objectives.
- Commercially astute, ensuring that financial targets and results are achieved.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build robust working relationships and foster collaborative working with customers and suppliers.
- A relevant engineering qualification to degree level or above in either an Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechatronic or Materials related discipline.
This technical leadership position will be challenging and rewarding with the opportunity to establish a facility and technical team that will be at the forefront of advanced EDS research, design and development. As a senior leadership role there will be a need to represent the business at both national and international events within the UK and overseas.