Product Manager - GDS
Product Manager - GDS
Contract. Sheffield. £525-£550 P/D. Government.
Product Manager required in Sheffield to lead a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a digital service in a fast-paced agile environment working initially with a User Needs Researcher and the Digital Team. The right candidate will be led by user needs, experienced in agile methodologies and able to deliver to the Government Digital Service (GDS) standard.
- Form the vision for the product and engage the team and stakeholders in the development of that vision over time
- keep people informed about the development of the product and promote their uptake
- represent users throughout the delivery process and use their feedback to inform continuous improvement.
- Prioritise user stories for each work sprint
- Comment on technical, content and design solutions
- Accept user stories when complete
- Review of existing research material/evidence
- Work with the agile team to identify further user research
- Prepare for and support GDS assessments
- organising and running focus groups, with our engagement team
- Establish a backlog for the agile workstream assigned and participate in regular agile ceremonies to review and update priorities
- Facilitating an achievable and valuable vision for the product
Skills and expeirence
- Have substantial experience of product management, with proven ability to understand user needs and convert them into a product vision and goals
- Recognises when to move from one stage of a product lifecycle to another. Ensures the team is working towards the appropriate service standards for the relevant phase. Able to manage the delivery products or services at different phases
- Uses a range of product management principles and approaches. Captures and translates user needs into deliverables. Able to define the minimum viable product and make decisions about priorities. Writes stories and acceptance criteria.
- Have substantial experience of working in a multidisciplinary team in an agile development environment, and therefore at ease with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals
- Has been responsible for delivery and ongoing product management of high quality, digital products
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for user centered design practices for public facing applications
- Able to understand user needs by analysing user research findings and analytics data. Confident in writing user stories to meet those needs
- Experience of working on a Public Sector digital project or similar/equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the Government Digital Service Standard and Service Manual
- Experience of having successfully completed a GDS Assessment
- Has some knowledge of current technologies used to build and operate digital services. Understands the different technical roles in a digital team.
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.