Site Engineering Manager
Salary: Market leading basic salary + comprehensive benefits package
Location: North East
Venator is a leading global chemical company dedicated to the development and manufacture of titanium dioxide pigments and performance additives. It has a broad and versatile portfolio of leading pigments and additives that includes many well-known brand names and industry-leading products. Venator operates 27 facilities and employs more than 4,500 people, which serve customers in more than 110 countries.
A leadership opportunity exists to join Venator at this very exciting time as it charts a course as a fully independent enterprise following the recent IPOfrom the Huntsman Chemical Corporation. They are looking to appoint an exceptional engineering leader who will take overall responsibility for engineering strategic and operational direction within their flagship Greatham, Top Tier Comah, Titanium Dioxide manufacturing site in the North East of England.
To lead, inspire and develop the site functional engineering and maintenance teams to provide a professional engineering service to enable the entire site to operate safely, efficiently and effectively on a 24/7 basis.
To develop and implement the strategic engineering and reliability improvement programmes across the site, required to deliver the sales and operations production plans.
- Ensure that all site equipment, including instrumentation, electrical and control systems, are maintained, tested and inspected in line with legislative, corporate and site standards at all times.
- Lead by example and engage the workforce positively in delivering the corporate Zero Harm vision in line with the company values.
- As a key member of the Site Leadership Team, contribute to the development and implementation of the Site Manufacturing Strategy, Site Improvement Plan and Capital Expenditure programmes.
- Lead, develop and motivate the plant and central engineering teams to ensure that they provide the necessary technical and maintenance support required to run the assets safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain the site instrument, electrical and mechanical life plans to ensure that the equipment is renewed or upgraded at the appropriate time as part of the site capital programme.
- Establish and lead a continuous improvement programme, and ensure that through this the Site objectives of uptime and asset integrity are met.
- Ensure robust management and control processes are in place to deliver the site fixed cost engineering budget.
- Coach and further develop the professional, technical and managerial capabilities of direct team reports as part of their personal and broader team development.
- Lead, develop and implement robust simplified workflow processes and practices across the site to ensure that work is done efficiently and effectively.
- Further develop and implement local site engineering policies and procedures based on recognised industry best practice.
- Provide the necessary technical engineering support and guidance required to deliver all site capex projects in accordance with legislative and site engineering standards and policies.
- You should be degree qualified in an engineering discipline together with Chartership of an appropriate professional institution, coupled with 10 years of industry experience including significant management experience on a Top Tier COMAH installation at some stage.
- Substantial experience in engineering and operational leadership roles, ideally including project, engineering and maintenance management, in a complex, highly demanding manufacturing environment.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a clear track record of driving site reliability transformation through operational performance improvement and cultural change.
- Leading and managing site integrated contractor service providers would be required.
- Resolving complex engineering problems and implementing solutions through engagement of the workforce in a complex operational environment is essential.
If you feel you have the qualities we seek, please forward your CV and covering letter indicating your current package to our retained partner Lee Rankin at Gem Partnership or for a discreet conversation call our Newcastle office.
GEM Partnership are acting as an employment agency on this retained project.