Gi Group are working on behalf of a Beeston, Leeds, based consumables company in the recruitment of an Accounts Assistant. The main purpose of the role covers Credit Control, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Customer Rebates within their busy office environment - suiting a confident individual, with a can-do attitude. The opportunity is initially temporary, with the chance to turn permanent after a successful trial period.
* Type: Temporary - opportunity to turn permanent after successful period
* Hours of work: Days, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
* Salary: £8.50 to £9.87, Negotiable (£16,354- £19,000 per annum)
Credit Control/Sales Ledger
* Credit control/debt collection.
* Cash allocation and bank incoming cheques.
* Logging and upload of invoices/credit notes to Invoice Finance facility.
* Ensure customer queries are dealt with by Sales Admin.
* Maintain/update customer information on Sage.
* Authorise the release of any credit stopped orders.
* Ongoing review of credit limits.
* General upkeep of Sales Ledger/rectify any anomalies.
* Match delivery notes to invoices/credits and input invoices/credits to Sage Purchase Ledger via POP.
* Report price variances to Purchasing Manager/Accounts Manager and obtain authorisation from Managing Director or Purchasing Manager before processing.
* Code and input all manual/non POP invoices/credits and obtain appropriate authorisation before processing.
* Supplier statement reconciliations.
* Cash allocation.
* Maintain information on existing accounts.
* General upkeep of Purchase Ledger/rectify any anomalies.
* Calculate, log and pay out customer rebates and maintenance of ongoing provision spreadsheet.
Other Responsibilities in the Accounts Department
* Any other tasks arising on an ad hoc basis where assistance is required for the needs of the department and / or the business including holiday cover.
* A minimum of 2 years exposure of working in a financial or auditing environment
* Extensive Sage, Office and Excel skills
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Numerate with good analytical skills
* Professional and action orientated personality
* Good communication skills, with a confident nature and the ability to show empathy
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for the role of Accounts Assistant, please send your CV to Nicola Brooke, or alternatively call Nicola on for further info. Gi Group in the UK provides recruitment, staffing and workforce management services to local and national clients of all sizes, placing an average of 15,000 temporary and permanent staff into work nationwide each week across many market sectors.