Maths Teacher required in Burnley
Are you a fully qualified Maths Teacher looking for a new role?
Do you have strong classroom and behaviour management with a proven track record?
An Ofsted rated 'Good' secondary school in Burnley are looking to appoint a talented teacher of Maths on a long-time basis covering maternity. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a high-performing department. You will need to be passionate and innovative, teaching engaging lessons to a range of different needs.
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons to inspire and engage KS3 & KS4 pupils
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
The successful applicant will:
- Have a Bachelor of Education, PGCE or UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
- Be an Maths Specialist
- Have experience of teaching Maths to KS3 & KS4
- Be an inspirational role model; committed to their own learning and that of others
- Have excellent subject knowledge and a passion for the subject
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £100-£165 per day
- A range of short term and long-term vacancies suiting your needs following the maternity post
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Lancashire
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying and would like to hear more, then please contact Laura Porter on 01772 846610 or email me on
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79964571