Production Engineer roles, Bridgwater, Somerset, Manufacturing
You are an important member of the Engineering Service Team, performing planned maintenance engineering tasks anywhere across our busy soft drinks manufacturing site based in Bridgwater, Somerset. Typically you will receive your work allocation from the Factory Engineering Managers or Asset Care Managers each week. Your allocated work could be on our production lines, or on our transport, in fact anywhere across the site.
Following the successful completion of each task you will need to complete a report detailing the task and how you resolved the issue.
The work allocation will be mechanical or electrical in nature.
The role of Service Team Engineer works Monday to Friday - one week on shifts of 7 am to 3 pm followed by one week on shifts of 12 noon to 8 pm and then alternating.
To perform the role of Service Team Engineer effectively you will need to:
- Plan your work allocation carefully including organizing the tools and materials required and carrying out the planned maintenance activities on time;
- Demonstrate excellent Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) during all activities and work well with the Shift teams to ensure down time is minimised;
- Identify and eliminate long term issues on our assets;
- Identify and eliminate root cause breakdowns and speed loss;
- Suggest and implement ways to reduce frequency and duration of planned activities;
- Support the manufacturing operation by providing rapid support to major reliability issues;
- Provide coaching in tools and techniques at the appropriate level;
- Work with OEMs to ensure value for money and internal skills are developed;
- Develop and ensure modular spare availability and, where possible, develop rotational spares to minimise both planned and unplanned stoppages;
- Ensure effective opportunity maintenance as required;
- Feedback and support to the central engineering purchasing team and stores by offering advice on parts and consumables that can be improved;
- Be a point of reference for the provision of method statements, risk assessments and safe systems of work on all man-assets.
You will need to be a multi-skilled engineer proficient in both mechanical and electrical engineering. Ideally you will have a minimum 2 to 3 years experience in a food & drink manufacturing or related industry sector (such as FMCG or pharmaceutical).
You will need to be a qualified engineer, either having completed an Apprenticeship, NVQ, Diploma or Degree.
Salary & Benefits: £32,000-£33,000 plus excellent benefits and company pension.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Please Note: Once you apply you will be redirected to the careers site, please follow this link for your application to be accepted.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer, Engineering Supervisor, Asset Care Maintenance, Electrical, Mechanical, PPM, Engineer, Engineering Team Leader, South West, Taunton, Weston Super Mare, Exeter, Tiverton, Bristol, Food, Drink, FMCG, Manufacturer