Accounts Assistant with CIMA Study Support
They are a global energy player and an expert operator in the three businesses of electricity, natural gas and energy services. They develop their businesses around a model based on responsible growth to take on the major challenges of energy's transition to a low-carbon economy: access to sustainable energy, climate-change mitigation and adaptation, security of supply and the rational use of resources.
Working as an Accounts Assistant within the Finance Department. The job will rotate every 14-18 months into different areas of finance, your key accountabilities will be:
- Investigating Customer Energy Reconciliation Variances.
- Providing information to support the Month End Reporting Cycle
- Aiding the production of Management Reporting.
- Aid with variance analysis of revenues and costs and follow variances through to recovery.
- Understand the sales order book and maintain any data discrepancies.
- Understanding our cost data, industry data flows and volumes.
- Operate a settlements and invoice validation process.
- Process Purchase Ledger invoices and credit notes ensuring suppliers are paid to terms and accounts are reconciled with issues resolved, including historic items.
- Maintain process documentation for processes within the role.
- Proven ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines, be organised, methodical, and be receptive to change.
- Excellent process delivery/improvement skills.
- The role requires computer literacy with Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Experience of using Microsoft Power BI would be an advantage.
- Teamwork skills to suit a variety of different situations.
- Highly numerate.
- Effective communication with Finance and non-Finance teams.
- Ideally a minimum of 6 months practical experience of accounting within a similar Finance Department prior to the role.
- The candidate will progress their experience within each department during each rotation.
- Demonstrate growth in the role, moving from a graduate with limited experience in the first rotation to a qualified accountant with increased responsibility in the last rotation with the skills to move to an analyst role.
- Rotation 1: Information gathering, operational training and preparation of working documents (support required from team high)
- Rotation 2: Ability to use skills learnt from Rotation 1 efficiently in the new rotation, identifying added value improvements (support required from team medium)
- The ideal candidate will have an accounting (or similar) degree and be actively (or intend to begin) studying for a recognised professional accountancy qualification.
- During the role the candidate will progressively pass recognised accountancy exams and should have gained an accountancy qualification within 4 years of their appointment within the training contract period.
- £17,000 - 19,000 starting salary
- Full CIMA study suport
- Exposure to all areas of accounts
- 20 days holiday
- Discounted travel season tickets
- 50% contribution to gym fees up to £250 per year
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications Brewster Pratap receive we are unable to give all applicants individual feedback on each job application. If you have not heard from one of our consultants within 2 weeks of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.