We are looking for an Applications Developer to join our team. This is an exciting time to join us and you will be working at our brand new site based near to Chichester, West Sussex.
Are you an experienced Applications Developer who enjoys project work?
If so we would like to hear from you!
We are a successful and growing business and our IT team is expanding. This role is mainly projects based and will involve developing IT solutions across different areas of our business.
You will also be involved in building and maintaining integrations between systems, completing documentation, writing SSIS packages and reporting.
This is a varied role where you will deal with different challenges. Our IT team are forward thinking and keep up to date with new technology and changes.
This is a permanent, full time position.
Hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm - Monday - Friday
Here's a bit more detail:
The role will include capturing user and business requirements to aid in the development of existing solutions and applications. You will be responsible for overseeing the release of enhancements to existing applications and solutions, configuring, testing and integrating as necessary predominantly applications and AX focused. In addition, manage high-level incidents and service requests passed through from the Service Desk, conducting thorough problem resolution and implementing service requests.
Working on multiple tasks and projects within a fast-paced environment proactively solving and prioritising problems as and when they arise.
- Developments / Applications, Reporting and SSRS Reporting
- Building and support efficient, stable, usable applications and AX reporting (using a variety of data sources to meet user requirements and solve business problems). Surface this information to support key decision making within the organisation.
- Working with Business Leads in identifying and proposing application changes, better uses, enhancements and developments and liaising with appropriate vendors, users and the IT Team.
- Delivering support to existing business users and investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies and queries. Prioritising requests in accordance with agreed criteria and with reference to the Service Desk SLA's.
- Liaise with software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements.
- Assist the Applications Manager to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques
- Investigate operational requirements and problems, contributing to improvements
- Document work, take part in user meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Assist in defining acceptance tests for new or changed automated systems.
- Ensure data maintains integrity.
- SQL queries and reports are efficient and perform optimally.
- Document procedures and processes.
- Continuous development of application solutions.
- Previous experience as an IT Applications Developer with experience of Developments / Applications, Reporting SSRS and SSIS who we can develop further.
- Programming knowledge, C# would be beneficial although others considered.
- Positive, team player.
- Willing to learn and adapt to change - we are able to support additional training and courses within the role such as AX Programming and Microsoft Certifications.
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient food such as prepared salad and fruit, food to go, dressed salads, coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating at four sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience.
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:
- A competitive salary plus company performance related bonus.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Company pension.
- 25 days holiday.
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package.
- Life Assurance policy.
- Plenty of development and training opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts.
- Free parking available across all sites.
- Relocation packages available.
About the office location:
Commuting here is a breeze! We have 3 sites based closely together on the Chichester Food Park and our Head Office is in Selsey. Our sites are modern, bright and airy.
What to do next…
We really hope this has piqued your interest and would love to hear from you. Click the 'apply' button today and our friendly internal recruitment team will be in touch!
We're also proud to say we're an equal opportunities employer.
Key skills: IT, IT Applications Developer, Software, IT Developer, IT Graduate, IT Trainee, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Food Industry, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, C#, Visual Basic, VB, #Chichester, #NWF