Control Systems Engineer
Control Systems Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of machine control technology? Do you have a background strategically validating and delivering machine or vehicle control systems and components? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced Manufacturing / Engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role in planning, executing software & electronic system development and validation activities on machines at both Proving Ground and customer locations.
- Contributing to the creation of electronic control system development and validation schedules for NTI / NPI / CPI projects.
- Creation of on-machine validation procedures for electronic control systems
- Planning and execution of on-machine development and validation activities, including thorough documentation of issues.
- Provide product group approval and sign off for SW enabled features.
- Facilitate and execute SW factory flashing validation including cab line, main line, PSPS and VMC.
- Support of other development and validation activities executed on-machine as technical expert for the electronic control system.
- Execute BIQ process.
- Trouble shooting machine control or machine behaviour issues including data capture and analysis.
- Some travel to customer sites may be required to gather data, repair problems and perform tests.
- Controls validation may include hoisting, steering, transmission, display, SW enabled machine features, payload monitoring, telematics and engine control systems.
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Science or equivalent level of experience.
- Strong understanding of electronic systems development tools and methodologies
- Ability to concisely and accurately communicate technical information
- On-board or off-board machine / vehicle control system development experience.
- Flexible and adaptable work ethic.
- Must be able to work in a diverse environment.
- Experience with electronic systems development tools, including CANape, CADet, HPQC
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.