Network and Security Engineer
We are currently recruiting for one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK with a long standing history dating back almost 900 years. My client is a leading provider of healthcare infrastructure design, build and maintenance with a focus of providing innovative efficiency improvements within the trust. The organisation provides an ethical approach with a focus on making a huge difference within the NHS. They combine exceptionally high standards and public sector values with commercial focus, innovative thinking and modern technology to create the best possible patient experience. The technology arm to the business provides a broad range of IT services to the trust covering desktop, email, clinical/administrative systems, network, mobility, telephony and IT training with an aim of making digital healthcare a reality.
The Network and Security Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining the network and security infrastructure services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year to nearly 14,500 people across Trust sites plus a potential further 10,000+ users of our services off site.
- Responsible for the consistent delivery and development of the internal Infrastructure services across the whole estate and satellite sites as agreed with the Network & Security Systems Manager - Delivering to the either agreed SLA's.
- The Network and Security Engineer will cover installations of new equipment, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, mentoring, highly complex troubleshooting and problem solving as well as design work and supporting laymen to decide on best solutions for their problems.
- One of the key job responsibilities for the post holder is to be able to act on their own initiative and manage multiple work streams at once.
- CCNP qualified (or equivalent)
- Strong client facing/consultancy experience
- Flexibility is essential as some out of hours working is essential to the needs of the business
- Significant experience working in a large organisation as a Senior Network/Security Engineer
- In depth and proven specialist knowledge and technical skills/certification in the following areas:
* Cisco 6500,3700,3500 series switches
* Cisco 2900,1900,800 series routers
* Cisco Works
* Web and Internet Filtering
* Network Monitoring system
Please apply now to be considered for this fantastic and rewarding opportunity to join an innovative technology services provider making a real difference within the NHS. We look forward to receiving your application.