Legal Contracts Manager
An opportunity has arisen within one of our clients for a Contract Manager within their innovative and ambitious software business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with Senior Management, the Contracts Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the business remains safe, legal and compliant.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for reviewing client and provider documentation to support the Software-as-a-Service product they deliver. This will involve contract negotiation, working with in-house project management and account management teams to exceed client expectations and contribute towards building commercial relationships. That means the Contract Manager must be able to prioritise a busy workload to assist the business in meeting project timeframes and being able to react to ad hoc client and provider enquiries. As well as client contract work, there is also supplier contract work for the business itself including software licences, office and facilities contracts.
The Contracts Manager will work with the business to continue the GDPR Project Plan in place and to react to any recommendations made by the ICO to ensure compliance with relevant data protection legislation and directives.
This in-house legal role is also the "go to" point for any HR related matters as well as IPR portfolio management and corporate governance.
The business is a fast-paced environment that offers the right candidate an environment within which they can flourish. With the sector and the business changing quickly, the successful candidate will play a significant part in helping the management team deliver an ambitious growth plan over the coming years.
- Monitoring and advising on procurement law, PCR 2015 in particular, and associated legislation changes
- Drafting, reviewing and managing contract and insurance documentation
- Contract negotiation with clients, providers of services and suppliers
- Maintenance of business operational standards for quality and information security (e.g. ISO9001, ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, NHS IG Toolkit)
- Management and development of business policies and practices
- Reviewing and updating company practices in line with legal developments
- GDRP and Data protection compliance and information security management
- Reviewing and advising upon legal impact of existing and new products
- Tender preparation and responses
- Basic employment law practices
- IPR portfolio management
- Corporate governance
- Liaising with external advisors to the business as required
- LLB, LLM or equivalent degree
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 4+ years’ experience in similar role (in house or private practice)
- Commercial contracts experience