Senior Procurement Officer
£35 -38,000 pa + car allowance
37.5 hours pw
We are looking for a pragmatic and enthusiastic Senior Procurement Officer to join our evolving team based in the Midlands with a requirement to travel based on business requirements. There is also provision for flexible working where appropriate.
You will provide high quality, effective and varied procurement services to Stonewater and be a trusted, credible business partner introducing solutions and initiatives by thinking innovatively and challenging the status quo.
This is an excellent opportunity for a thriving professional to join a progressive business and to influence the role of procurement within the organisation.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- Supporting delivery and update of the 5 year procurement plan by taking ownership and responsibility for leading and delivering OJEU tenders with minimal support and via compliant routes to market.
- Facilitate and develop the integration of procurement as an in-house function. Driving delivery of the procurement work plan with emphasis on compliant solutions and Value for Money being central to its design.
- Support The Procurement Director in the creation and development of an in-house procurement function and advise on compliance and opportunities to support business need and the Value for Money agenda.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to stakeholders on procurement matters and the implications of legislation relating to the group.
- Actively contribute to the decision making of the organisation, policy formation, business development, and the achievement of corporate objectives through excellent service delivery.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have/be;
- Competent in supporting and enabling organisational change within procurement, through the delivery and transformation of high quality, innovative, procurement services.
- In depth experience and knowledge of procurement legislation, OJEU level tender delivery.
- Experience of contract management and managing supplier performance
- Proven experience of working in both a commercial and public sector capacity.
- Hold an MCIPS and/or CMgr MCMI qualification or equivalent qualifications.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent through relevant training or experience
In addition you will be;
- Confident, with a 'can do’ attitude
- Ambitious, with a real passion for enhancing the profile of procurement by providing innovative solutions and thinking outside the box.
- An effective decision-maker, with the ability to challenge and influence stakeholders.
- A first class communicator with a natural ability to inspire and motivate others.
- A natural relationship builder with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Methodical with a keen eye for detail.
This role will require a level of flexibility to travel to other office locations on a regular basis.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.