Job title: Management Accountant
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000pa DOE plus benefits package
Our client is at a very exciting stage in their history and the acquisition of a talented Management Accountant who will help them to continue on a path of ambitious and realistic, planned and structured growth.
This opportunity represents a chance for the right person to start a journey which will, over a 3 to 4 year period, lead to the likely outcome of becoming the company's next Financial Controller. To emphasise that point, our client is looking to support this person through their ACCA or CIMA studies through to full qualification.
- This role will report directly to the company's Finance Director and you will be, in essence, the FD's number 2. The role will be a combination of typical management accounting and finance responsibilities, mostly geared towards month-end reporting so you must be familiar with ledgers, journals etc. Our client uses SAGE 200 so previous experience of using that package would be a distinct advantage and strong competency with Excel is a must. Experience within a manufacturing environment would be ideal and you must be hands-on and happy to role your sleeves up and get stuck in.
- You will also be managing a Purchase Ledger Clerk and a Credit Controller so previous management or supervision experience would be a distinct advantage.
- There is also a significant element of project work involved in this role, the details of which will be divulged upon successful application.
- You must have a decent amount of experience within accounting & finance and be ambitious enough to want to be a Financial Controller and start/complete an ACCA or CIMA qualification. You might already be a Management Accountant or even a Finance Manager in an SME who wants to learn fron a seasoned FD.
- To be considered for this opportunity you must be able to travel to a few of our client's premises in the UK a couple of time per month and you must also be flexible to work slightly longer hours than the standard from time-to-time when business-critical work needs to be done. If you have to be home by 5pm every day, come hell or high water, please do not apply.
- Finally you must have the following characteristics and attitudes: You must be robust, flexible and down to earth. If you are pretentious about rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in, please do not apply. You should also be tenacious and determined to help bring about positive change and process improvements.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive excellent management, genuine career progression with a clearly defined destination and get to work for a company that puts integrity over profits.
The role is based in Bicester but you must have a car and be happy to travel within the UK a few times per month (expensed).
If this sounds like you, please apply today.