Mechanical Engineer / HVAC
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their expanding business. The ideal candidate will have experience in mechanical building services and HVAC.
Daily duties involve service and maintenance, installation work based at LHR Airport (also covering M25 corridor) working with large commercial businesses. You will be expected to carry out some remedial works, to mastic and paint in order to keep main clients area looking pristine.
The candidate will reside no further than 30 minutes from Heathrow Airport.
Candidates with limited M&E experience and with a great work ethic will be paid between £28,000 - £30,000. Candidates with involved M&E experience will be paid £32,000 +. You can boost your earnings with overtime, company van will be provided and pension plan.
It is paramount that the candidate has impeccable communication skills and a professional image.
- HVAC qualification
- Mechanical skills
- City and Guilds 2079 (Refrigerant handling)
- Commutable to Heathrow/Gatwick/Tottenham/M25
- Prior experience in HVAC role
- The ideal candidate will have several years' experience in a similar role
- FGAS qualification is essential for the role along with strong HVAC experience in building services
- The role will incorporate basic electrical work, therefore an electrical qualification is advantageous
- Confident and focused on client satisfaction
- Problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Common sense
Maintenance on all HVAC plant including:
- AC, Chillers and VRF systems
- Safely and efficiently install, maintain and repair plant and equipment
- Carry out diagnostic and fault finding
- Carry out routine servicing and commissioning to plant
- Maintain plant, PPM, personal and vehicle records
- Identify areas for additional works within and out of the specified contractual requirements
- Understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- Comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
The client requires a 5-year employment/education history, together with references. Please be aware if selected you will be quickly security checked. Please do not apply for this position if you have a criminal record and you will have a clean driving license.
The hours are Monday-Friday 7.30am - 4pm. Rolling rota 1 night in 3, if required 4pm - 12pm to be agreed with a late start. Some out of hours required, depending on contract location. Call out rota 1 in 4.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.