Here at Teach First we are committed to making a real difference to children's lives, by working to end educational inequality in the UK. We now have a rare opportunity available which will play a key role in helping to raise awareness of educational disadvantage and what we're doing to tackle it.
In the role of Media Officer you will develop and implement strategies to raise awareness of our work, position Teach First as a leading voice on education issues and help influence policy and public attitudes. You will manage media messaging and statements whille building and mainiting key stakeholder relationships.
To thrive in this role you'll be committed to delivering results and chasing oppotunities, whilst also demonstrating proven experience in:
- Develop and implement media strategies that raise awareness of our work amongst the public and policy influencers
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists including in education sector, national and regional outlets
- Develop media messaging, statements, briefings and FAQs
- Secure and develop case studies to help promote our work in the media and through other channels
- Monitor external events and policy debates, and use these to promote our work and/or policy positions
- Identify opportunities and support senior staff to speak to the media and to take part in interviews, including through briefings and training
We know that employees flourish when they are empowered, so here at Teach First we operate an agile working environment based on trust and results.
To find out more about the range of benefits of working for Teach First, and to see a full job description, follow the apply now link.