DevOps Engineer Docker, Ansible
DevOps Engineer (Docker, Ansible) - £35k-£45k - Manchester, Salford
Car Parking Scheme
MyCar Lease Scheme
Private Medical Scheme
Holiday Buy Scheme
Based in the heart of Manchester, Salford a reputable broadcaster in the gaming and television industry are seeking a DevOps Engineer. The DevOps Engineer is a key member of the DevOps team, working clsoely with the Operations and Software Engineering teams. The main purpose of the role is to improve the deployment and release cycle, using automation and orchestration tools to ensure the environments and platform are resilient, standardized and secure. Management of a host of DevOps tool chains is key as well as being forward thinking, utilizing DevOps best practise to assist our software delivery process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Working with the Infrastructure Manager to continuously progress and promote the use of DevOps supporting in-house Java and .Net teams.
- Deliver solutions for enivronments (break/fix)
- Ownership of Docker Platform, managing availability, Swarm and containers
- undertaking of Infrastructure/DevOps changes within agreed timescales
- Ownership and management of automated server deployment methods (Linux/Windows) on VMWare virtual estate
- Active role in project work (application, storage and server migrations deployed on instances
- Docker, Ansible
- Demonstratable experience working in high-availability environments
- Red Hat Linux/Windows OS experience
- VMWare vSphere 6.0 exposure
- Jenkins/Ocotpus Deploy
- Scripting; Python, Bash, Shell
- Basic Knowledge of networking
- Hybrid Cloud Services (AWS/Azure)
- Microsoft 365/Project/Sharepoint Online
- ITIL Framework; Change management
- Degree/HND in Computer Science/IT/Software Development
If you are interested and would like to apply, be quick. Applications are already being received and the hiring process has began. The client has issued a close date for applications 24th January 2018.
If you would like a more confidential conversation about the role, feel free to call me on (0191) 261 32 58. You can also forward me your CV at and I will contact you.
**Please note that my client is not able to provide sponsorship at this time**
Looking forward to your reply!