Accounts Payable Supervisor
Responsible for all activities and operations in the accounts payable function with key emphasis on maintaining accurate accounts payable ledger and a drive to ensure payments are made accurately and on time.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accounts Payable function is responsible for payment of suppliers globally including the UK, US & China. This requires dealing with multi-currency payments and managing payment schedules across the world.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger.
• Line Management of Accounts Payable Clerks
• Maintain accurate accounts payable ledger & report in timely manner.
• Ensure Accounts Payable is closed and reconciled in line with departmental timetable
• Analyse invoices and expenses for accurate weekly payment runs.
• Drive process changes and improvements.
• Ensure documentation for processes is complete and up-to-date.
• Complete weekly key supplier reconciliations and & monthly reconciliations of all suppliers.
• Prepare accruals at month end and any other unprocessed invoices making sure as many invoices are processed before month end close
• Oversee employee expenses and company credit card procedures including correct coding.
• Support Financial Controller & Management Accounting Team.
• Track record of improving processes and contributing to the development of the finance function.
• Thorough knowledge of all areas of accounts payable function.
• Assertive character with a can-do mentality.
• Working in a small team with strong organisational skills.
• Team player with a hands-on attitude.
• Basic Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience with Sage accounting software.
• Experience in an international business environment.