Project Tooling Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Project Tooling Engineer to work in a rewarding role based in the county Durham area. You will be working within a fast moving environment where you will gain fantastic experience with a major blue chip employer, If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- The successful candidate will manage tooling projects from concept through to start of production.
- Manage tooling projects starting from product concept through to SOP.
- Working with the design team and product support to optimise designs for manufacture.
- Commercial negotiations with suppliers regarding tool purchasing and modifications.
- Attending trials at tooling suppliers Europe & UK.
- Working closely with the tool room and moulding development to ensure a smooth introduction of new tooling into the factory.
- HNC/HND or degree in mechanical discipline.
- Experience of tooling manufacture and modifications essential.
- CAD skills would be beneficial AUTOCAD, Delcam Powershape.
- Previous experience of commercial negotiations with tooling suppliers.