Test and Development Engineer
Test Development Engineer
We are business partners with the largest independent security alarm specialist manufacturers in the Northwest. They are experts in providing bespoke design solutions that protect people and property throughout the world. Multiple award-winning products cover every aspect of external and internal security requirements, including a full range of motion detectors, control panels, perimeter protection devices, fire detectors and external sounders.
The successful candidate will play a key role in investigating new technologies and developing Manufacturing Test Systems for our next generation of products, while at the same time supporting and improving our existing Test Systems. As a rapidly growing international business, pursuing several demanding and evolving strategies, there are many career development opportunities at Texecom for high performing employees' right across the business.
- Develop Test Solutions using Labview.
- Improve existing Test Systems to provide maximum throughput with low false Fails.
- Design Test Fixtures and identify Hardware requirements.
- Maintain existing Test equipment.
- Production/QA Support.
- Work with Designers and Production to decide upon the most appropriate Test Solution for new products.
- Actively contribute to Continuous Improvement Projects.
- ? Participate in regular design reviews to ensure DFT requirements are understood by the product designer
- At least 3 years of experience in developing Test solutions using Labview.
- Integration of external API/Code within Labview.
- Understand Product Test Requirements and Create Test Specifications.
- Understand Wiring Diagrams for Test Fixtures.
- Design Test Fixture Concepts for Testing products as a single or as part of a Batch.
- Use of Electronics CAD Software
- Good understanding of Test and Measurement Principles, including DFT.
- Good Planning and organising skills
- Excellent Technical Skills
- Analytical Thinker
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.