IT Officer NHS
- Job Purpose:
Working within a Service Management Framework as part of the ICT Team you will provide first and second line fault finding services and IT resolutions. The remit of the IT department covers desktop PCs; Laptops; desk phones; mobile phones and underlying infrastructure.
Your customer service skills are of equal importance to your technical knowledge as you will be required to provide direct customer support both over the telephone and in person.
You will support the IT Team Leader to ensure high levels of Customer service are achieved and maintained and that the Service Level Agreements are met.
This is a mobile role and you will be expected to undertake customer visits throughout the Bradford and Airedale region.
- Managing the appropriate support queue (As assigned by the IT Team Leader) in the Service Desk Incident Management system.
- Taking responsibility for achieving the designated Service Levels assigned to the incident
- Prioritising Incidents appropriately based on the severity of the incident and local knowledge.
- Updating calls regularly
- Resolving calls in a timely manner
- Keeping users updated
- Take ownership of incidents and Requests assigned to your queue Moving/escalating Incidents as appropriate.
- Identifying training needs for self and users
- Visiting any required sites as and when required to effect repairs.
- Follow prescribed asset management processes and ensure all adds, moves and changes are reflected in the Asset Database.
- Assist the IT Team Leader and Network Manager as required to produce and maintaining documentation. This documentation to include but not be limited to:
- Desktop Software
- Installation and Configuration Documentation
- Asset Management Procedures
- Encryption Procedure
- Desktop and Laptop installation procedures
- Disposal Process
- End User documentation
- Be familiar with all aspects of the Trusts Data infrastructure.
- Rectify Incidents and Requests as required on the Trusts :-
- Fax Machines
- Telephone Handsets
- Using 3rd parties to assist as required
- To participate in large scale moves and Projects as required.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, FEEDBACK CAN ONLY BE GIVEN TO SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 5 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION THEN ON THIS OCCASION YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL.