Business Process Manager
About the role
To enable and support the achievement of our global business objectives through innovative technical solutions that are reliable, secure and cost effective across the development and infrastructure platforms. Work with all business functions to define, improve, support and drive efficiency improvements through business processes and functional objectives.
The Business Process Manager will be responsible for the design, support and delivery of business process solutions. Manage, implement and govern process solutions for large and/or complex business areas, setting standards for the provision of systems implementation and training. Provide the conduit between functional leaders and the application development team to ensure systems are utilised to support the business. The Business Process Manager will manage the commercial processes such as Customer account management and order processes including direct, solutions, bids, RFQ’s.
This role reports into the Director of Systems and Processes and will be working closely with technical leads, development teams and subject matter experts therefore strong communication is essential.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of commercial processes, be able to communicate at an array of levels and be a confident professional. You will carry extensive knowledge and background in working across customers, suppliers and 3rd party business partners aligned to functional areas.
Significant experience of the delivery of IT solutions to a business is essential along with significant demonstrable experience of writing requirements specifications for Information Systems. Project management and knowledge of ERP Fundamentals Systems/Solutions is also essential for this role.
- Manage and deliver new and improved business process solutions while adhering to the IT change control life cycle covering innovation, design, specifications documentation, development, test and go-live.
- Maintain communication levels with functional stake holders to ensure alignment and understanding of business objectives, priorities and progress status of new initiatives and improvement projects.
- Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from client on the specifications to ensure the business supports the design of the new solution prior to development.
- Design and execute the test scenarios and test scripts to support the development team in delivering the business solution as identified in the specification.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans to ensure that standard solutions are implemented and bespoke development is reduced.
- Deliver enterprise level solutions whilst adhering to best practice and corporate guidelines. Including but not limited to graphical user interface design, development and implementation of the solution using the most appropriate technologies available to ensure the longevity and maintainability of applications supporting the cost of ownership.
- Define global processes, definitions and KPI’s for the function, creating and publishing and ensure that they are adopted across all sites where applicable to ensure effectiveness and efficiency across the function.
- Development and completion of a training plan and end user documentation to ensure successful implementation and use of centrally supplied solutions.
- Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance.