Job title: Contracts Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Job Reference: AR / J19914
A national and highly regarded firm of Solicitors would like to recruit a Contracts Manager to join their central Risk and Compliance team based in Liverpool.
The main purpose of the role is to draft, negotiate and manage commercial contracts with external suppliers. Working heavily with the Head of Compliance, Head of IT and Operations Director and additional departments, you will ensure contracts are appropriate for the business and fit for purpose. It is essential you build constructive relationships with external and internal stakeholders. The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead contract negotiations for a range of different supplier contracts which support the operational functions ensuring they are commercially and financially viable.
- Lead the contract development, negotiation and closure including contract activity planning.
- Ensure that all contracts secure value for money, giving due consideration to all relevant factors including risk, quality and other factors.
- Agree robust Key Performance Indicators (KPI) within each contract with support from the Head of Compliance, Head of IT and Operations Director or other employees as required.
- Gather intelligence to analyse the market and develop options appraisals for purchase agreements.
- Relationship management of suppliers to ensure that the company has open and constructive dialogue relating to contracts.
- Work alongside internal stakeholders to drive improvements in quality, efficiency and value for money.
- Work as required with operational leads to ensure contracts that are negotiated and agreed are appropriate for service delivery.
- Work to resolve any operational challenges through the contract termination or start date.
- Manage in-year contract changes as Contract lead, including production of Contract Variations - ensuring effective communication of changes to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that all contracts comply with legal regulations and best practice.
- Establish and maintain a detailed contract spread sheet with detailed review of key risks.
- Receive, interpret and present complex, sensitive information in an appropriate way to enable other staff to understand financial and activity risks.
- Develop and present Management Information summarising status on issues, outcomes, and providing progress reports from time to time.
- Act as a point of contact for supplier queries.
The person specification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Contract management experience, preferably within the legal sector.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- Excellent time management, IT and organisational skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Adrian Richards at Cavendish Maine.