This is role is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to gain commercial skills as well as build on their existing technical skill set. This roll will encompass producing statutory accounts, VAT returns and business partner with various stakeholders through monthly reporting.
The client is a globally well-known electrical company with presence in 32 countries, 2,000 branches and group revenue exceeding £12bn. Their Finance function is based in Birmingham and are looking to expand this further.
- To handle all aspects of fixed asset accounting and partnering with Management Accounts and Central Finance
- To prepare and assist with all balance sheet reconciliations and reviewing each month
- To meet with the wider business to discuss balance sheet reconciliations and advise on best practises and challenge them
- To prepare the FCF forecasts and reconciliations monthly, working alongside AP, AR and Cashiers and providing necessary challenge and advise
- To reconcile payroll control accounts at month end and working closely with the payroll department on differences
- To suggest and implement changes as necessary across the business to improve controls and processes and reviewing these with the Group
- To assist the Assistant with the reporting of financial information to Head Office, HMRC, and the Office of National Statistics
- To manage the production of statutory accounts
- To assist with corporate tax computations, tax strategy document and transfer pricing document
- To assist with treasury and banking controls and reports including monthly review of Bank reconciliations
- To assist with the internal/external audit and review the monthly VAT return prepared by the Assistant
- To be a key person in driving change across the team and ensuring strong financial information is deemed to be the 'norm' with the company
- Experience of financial reporting and compliance.
- Experience of preparation of statutory accounts and VAT return.
- Contact with auditors and HMRC (desirable).
- Experience of conversion of statutory accounts from UK GAAP to IFRS basis (highly desirable).
- Good analytical skills.
- Newly Qualified/Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent).
- All MS Office packages. Strong Excel skills.
- Some experience of using accounting software packages (desirable).
- Able to manage in a dynamic finance environment with on-going change.
You can expect a highly competitive salary ranging between £40,000-45,000 depending on experience and excellent pension. Also, career progression opportunities available internally for the right candidate.