Junior Editor (Investment Research Publisher)
We are recruiting for a Junior Editor for an independent investment research publisher located near Moorgate, London.
This is a truly exceptional and unique opportunity for a junior writer / Graduate to deliver compelling new investment ideas and articles around the macroeconomic economic environment
The daily published report provides hard-hitting financial analysis and economic insight to 80k readers each day via email.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in part of a team to write on the most pressing investment ideas and opportunities of the day.
You’ll be tasked with telling the investment stories that others have over looked or missed, and using your proven ability to write sharp, idea driven articles - aimed at the layman.
You do not have to have previous experience of this type of work to apply, but you do have to have a passion and desire to work in the publishing industry with a natural and technical interest in financial services and investments. This role is suitable for graduates.
- A proven interest in learning about the stock market, macroeconomics and geo-politics with the desire to uncover new ideas about investment. ?
- A creative attitude; fast and succinct sub-editing skills ?
- The ability to turn dry financial material into compelling, readable articles. ?
- High degree of organisation, with meticulous attention to detail ?
- Capable self-management in the face of strict deadlines ?
- Enthusiasm, ideas-person and a willingness to do whatever is required. ?
- Demonstrate a thirst for learning, research and presenting ideas ?
- A confident and personable attitude ?
- Take responsibility for the daily editorial material by planning content and delivering to tight deadlines. ?
- Working with existing freelance and staff writers, to produce engaging investment articles. ?
- Confident to produce your own material, under guidance. You should be looking to become the main ?voice of the Daily Reckoning in 12-18 months.
- Self-motivated to find new events and contacts, building up a trusted rolodex for quotes, comments ?and interviews. ?
- Build on our existing network of trusted freelancer financial writers ?
- Attractive training and incentive programme for the right candidate.
- Location: Moorgate, London (EC2A)
- Salary: Starting salary of £22-25K depending on skills and experience
For further details or to apply, please apply online.
**PLEASE NOTE A COVERING LETTER & CV IS REQUIRED FOR YOUR APPLICATION, please ensure both are provided.